COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Covid-19 exposure is most likely to arise in the office between the public and the workers, or onsite between the System Operator and home owners. As WID works to diminish the risk of exposure at this time the office is open to the public by appointment only. This will allow the secretary ample time to clean high touch surfaces before and after the appointment. Also masks are mandatory in the office and hand sanitizer is available to sanitize hands once in the office. The System Operator will still perform all duties, when social distancing is not an option a mask will be worn. If there is a need to enter a structure or building with members of the public, masks must be worn.
At this time the Office Administrator is in the office on Tuesday and Thursdays from 12-4 the System Operator and back-up Operator are in the office on alternate days and times. This allows the physical distancing in the office to be maintained at all times. If there is an overlap in schedules at any point, masks must be worn. The office, hand rails, and doors are washed at the beginning and end of the work day on Tuesdays and Thursdays to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Signs are posted on the door of the building to remind the public and workers to maintain social distance, to wear a mask and that handwashing and sanitizing are the best measures in protecting oneself from Covid-19, the posters also suggest that should someone have symptoms it is best that they stay home.
- At this time due to the increase in Provincial guidelines masks are mandatory in the office.
- Increased cleaning of the office and hallway spaces occur when there are members of the public in the office.
- Any workers who are displaying symptoms must go home, if symptoms are persistent then a covid-19 test may be needed. If a worker tests positive for Covid-19 they must self-isolate for 14 days, and follow the guidelines of the public health authority.
- All instructional signs are posted on the exterior door of the hall, the covid-19 guidelines poster is posted on the office door, and safe handwashing procedures are posted in both bathrooms.
For up to date information on Covid-19 please check this links:
Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
Health Link BC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
Our System Operator will continue to maintain the water service. If there is an emergency please contact Jessica Piccinin at 250-402-8475, Mel Tissington at 250-428-6774, or the office at 250-866-5312. We thank you for your understanding during these interesting times.
-Wynndel Irrigation District